Weight Loss: Due to high fiber content and low GI, chickpeas are excellent for weight loss and controlling the appetite.
Protein for Vegetarians: Chickpeas are a good source of protein when combined with other vegetarian proteins can replace meat or dairy foods, without the high saturated fats.
Manganese for Energy Production: Just one cup of garbanzo beans supplies 84.5% of the daily value for the trace mineral manganese, which is an essential cofactor in a number of enzymes important in energy production and antioxidant defenses.
Iron Boost: Garbanzo beans are excellent source of energy boosting iron. Iron is an integral component of hemoglobin, which transports oxygen from the lungs to all body cells, and is part of key enzyme systems for energy production and metabolism.
- 2-15oz cans of no-salt chickpeas (drain one and add both)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil Or Avocado Oil
- Splash of hot sauce/paprika/spices to taste
- Place all ingredients into the VitaMix and start on 1, let it mix for 30 seconds.
- Place the tamper tool in the top hole and turn it up to 10. Blend until smooth, moving around the mixture with the accelerator tamper to ensure the thick dip hits the blender blades.
- Scoop it out, drizzle with 2 Tbs. NutraSea lemon Omega-3 oil, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with warm gluten free pita or veggie sticks.
- Tastes better than store bought and takes only 3 minutes to make!
If using a regular blender, be sure to stop the blender blade and scrape down the sides to ensure you get a smooth textured hummus.