- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup xylitol*
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously grease or insert liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and xylitol until well-blended.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into the egg mixture in three batches, mixing well and scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the melted coconut oil, apple and cranberries.
- Pour batter evenly between the cups of the muffin tin and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Place on a wire baking rack and cool for 10 minutes before turning out of the pan. Cool completely before serving.